Alberta Partners of APPROACH
APPROACH teams with various health regions in Alberta for the administration of APPROACH data collection.
Since 1995, APPROACH has partnered with catheterization teams at the Foothills Medical Center, Royal Alexandra Hospital and the University of Alberta Hospital previously in the Calgary Health Region and Capital Health Authority and now in Zones 2 & 4 of Alberta Health Services.
In December 2004, APPROACH began expanding data collection to coronary intensive care units, and/or cardiac wards in other hospitals and health regions. It will continue to expand APPROACH data collection to all health regions and hospitals in Alberta over the next several years.
We appreciate the assistance of the following health regions for their support of online data entry, and we gratefully acknowledge the personnel at the participating sites for their diligence in data collection and entry:
Alberta Health Services - Calgary Zone (2)
• Foothills Medical Centre: catheterization lab, CCU 103a/103b, units 81, 82, 92, Nuclear Medicine, CV surgery WLM, Navigation and CTA
• Peter Lougheed Centre: CCU/ICU, unit 44
• Rockyview General Hospital: CCU/ICU, unit 71
• South Health Campus: CCU, Unit 66, Nuclear medicine, CTA
Alberta Health Services - Edmonton Zone (4)
• Royal Alexandra Hospital: cathlab WLM, catheterization lab
• University of Alberta Hospital: cathlab WLM, catheterization lab, CV surgery WLM, CV surgery
Alberta Health Services - South Zone (1)
• Medicine Hat Regional Hospital: ICU/CCU, 4 West, cathlab WLM
• Brooks Regional Hospital
• Chinook Regional Hospital: ICU/CCU (Responsible data collection/entry for ACS for all 8 regional health centres.)
In AB there are roughly 300 desktops installed with APPROACH and 3000 registered users. Many nurses and physicians access the APPROACH registry for real time information on their patients to facilitate care and decision-making. Examples of this usage include rural emergency departments, Cardiac Rehab and Living Healthy programs.